save energy graphic with lightbulb

As your local, not-for-profit electric cooperative, TCEC is looking out for you. We want to help you save energy and money. Explore this page to learn ways to save energy and money.

We recommend you register for SmartHub to monitor your energy use, set up alerts for unusual energy use during your billing cycle and more. If you need assistance with registration, please call 580-652.2418.

Energy Efficiency Resources

The best way to lower your electric bill is to use less energy.

Touchstone Energy Cooperatives has extensive resources on energy efficiency.

Take the Home Energy Adventure Tour to learn about how you can save energy and money at home.

The U.S. Department of Energy offers the Home Energy Saver tool to analyze where you can save energy. It also has an appliance energy use calculator.

The Energy Saver website, also from the U.S. Department of Energy, offers many resources on heating and cooling, weatherizing, design and more.

Visit the Energy Star site for information on rebates and tax credits.

Energy Efficiency Videos

Want to help?

If you know the last name and account number of the person you'd like to help, use the Pay Now - One Time Online Payment option to make a payment on the account of a friend, relative, neighbor or other party such as a small business you’d like to support. If you need help with the process, please contact us.

Need help?

We have done our best to gather resources as of December 2021. If you find any of the below information out-of-date or incorrect, please let us know via email

Income guidelines may apply for these programs. 

  • Department of Human Services (Texas County serves Beaver County): 580-338-8592
  • Ministerial Alliance/First Baptist Church: 580-625-3382
  • Department of Human Services (Texas County serves Cimarron County): 580-338-8592
  • United Methodist Church (Salvation Army): 580-544-3032
  • Department of Human Services: 580-338-8592
  • Salvation Army:580-338-1581
  • Opportunities Inc.: 580-338-7878
  • Northwest Crisis Center: 580-338-2780
  • Morton County Health Department (Salvation Army): 620-697-2612
  • Ministerial Alliance/Hillcrest Southern Baptist Church: 620-697-2289
  • Social & Rehabilitation Services: 620-626-3700
  • U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD):Help With Your Utility Bills: Kansas
  • Kansas Corporation CommissionUtility Bill Assistance Page

Request an Energy Inquiry

If you have concerns about your energy use after reviewing these resources, you can request an energy usage inquiry using the buttons below. One of these forms must be submitted before a visit can be scheduled.

Home Energy Usage Inquiry Request

Business Energy Usage Inquiry Request