One of TCEC’s core values is 'Concern for Community.' That's why the cooperative supports community efforts that enhance the quality of life for our members. Depending on the need, contributions may take several different formats - monetary, employee labor, or promotional products. TCEC has established these guidelines for the allocation of contributions.
- The requesting organization must be based in TCEC's service territory, and conduct the majority of its charitable activity in the territory.
- The purpose of the donation must be strongly related to the cooperative's purpose and mission.
- Preference will be given to donations that:
- Are focused on providing education along with other services to area youth and senior members.
- Help provide a vital service that is not otherwise available in the region.
- Are greatly in need of TCEC's support.
- Support high-profile community events or celebrations.
- Donations should be used for capital investment (e.g. building additions, fire department training, annual support campaigns, special equipment), not regular day-to-day operating expenses.
- Donations should help the organization become more self-sufficient.
- The organization must be able to show TCEC how the donation is being put to good use such as taking pictures, providing an end report of results, and other useful information.
- TCEC does not give to fundraisers for individuals.
- Individual expenses and traveling expenses like lodging and food are not eligible for funding from TCEC.
- All requests for charitable contributions must be submitted in writing or submitted online using the form below. To follow up on your request, call 580-652-2418 or email us. TCEC typically responds within 10 business days.
Please use the GiFTS form for the Giving Funds to Schools program when requesting educational or school support.
Note: The Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as the Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) or the Federal Tax Identification Number, is a unique nine-digit number assigned by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to business entities operating in the United States for the purposes of identification. TCEC requires this number for its accounting records when a financial donation is made to an entity.